Aaron Falk brings us this story on what residents imagine the North Temple corridor to look like in Salt Lake City. They will be extending their TRAX light rail system from downtown to the airport along this road, and they have asked citizens to help them determine what it will look like. Ideas included a tree-lined street with boutique shops and apartments; an entertainment district; and an ambitious plan to tunnel the surrounding freeways and put in large roundabouts. This will be a real gateway to the city in the future, and its good to see the citizens getting involved.
- The end of this blog and the beginning of a new one
- TED Talks on Cities
- A Study on Regional Governments
- The City in History
- Want to Prevent Oil Spill Disasters? Stop Driving
- Will Tysons halfway plan bolster or doom the future city?
- How to save the Greenway? Make it a neighborhood
- American Makeover Episode 1 – SPRAWLANTA
- City Council approves cars on K Street
- New USDOT Report Identifies Win-Win Transportation Emission Reduction Strategies