Sarah Goodyear of Streetsblog brings us this story on how the recent economic crisis may finally be bringing TOD to the forefront of the political and development discussions. She links to articles on a variety of blogs as well as the New York Times that are discussing the mix of transit and housing. She mentions a variety of cities that have top-notch transit programs, from Salt Lake to Orlando. She even cites an article that discusses people in the Phoenix who live by light rail stations and don’t even own cars. What a way to live.
- The end of this blog and the beginning of a new one
- TED Talks on Cities
- A Study on Regional Governments
- The City in History
- Want to Prevent Oil Spill Disasters? Stop Driving
- Will Tysons halfway plan bolster or doom the future city?
- How to save the Greenway? Make it a neighborhood
- American Makeover Episode 1 – SPRAWLANTA
- City Council approves cars on K Street
- New USDOT Report Identifies Win-Win Transportation Emission Reduction Strategies