Dianne Solis brings us this story about the efforts of Carrollton, TX to prepare for TOD. A variety of new buisnesses have already opened in the city’s downtown, and they are beginning to build the high-density residential units that are needed to truly bring life and vitality to the community in a 24-hour basis. The city is making an effort to make sure that good developments end up on the fast track to approval and completion. They have done a great job of rehabilitating old buildings for new uses, including turning grain silos into a climbing gym. This is all fueled by the prospect that trasit lines from DART will be crisscrossing the town in the near future.
- The end of this blog and the beginning of a new one
- TED Talks on Cities
- A Study on Regional Governments
- The City in History
- Want to Prevent Oil Spill Disasters? Stop Driving
- Will Tysons halfway plan bolster or doom the future city?
- How to save the Greenway? Make it a neighborhood
- American Makeover Episode 1 – SPRAWLANTA
- City Council approves cars on K Street
- New USDOT Report Identifies Win-Win Transportation Emission Reduction Strategies