PBS has put together this documentary. I found out about it from a Denver news source, critisizing it for painting Denver in a negative light. I would have to agree that it does neglect some of the progress that Denver has made recently. Denver has been agressively pursuing light rail and the LoDo neighborhood downtown is an extremely vibrant posterboy for TOD in the West. And really, they could have gone to any major city and found car-based sprawl, so to say that Denver is the worst of the worst is misleading. That being said, it did a great job of portraying why I love Portland, and a great job showing what is so great about New York City and what is being done to make it even better. I would highly recommend this video to anyone.
- The end of this blog and the beginning of a new one
- TED Talks on Cities
- A Study on Regional Governments
- The City in History
- Want to Prevent Oil Spill Disasters? Stop Driving
- Will Tysons halfway plan bolster or doom the future city?
- How to save the Greenway? Make it a neighborhood
- American Makeover Episode 1 – SPRAWLANTA
- City Council approves cars on K Street
- New USDOT Report Identifies Win-Win Transportation Emission Reduction Strategies