The Bay Area‘s Metropolitan Transportation Commission (MTC) published this article about efforts surrounding Bike to Work Day tomorrow (May 14th). One of the coolest things they’re doing is the Team Bike Challenge, where teams rack up points by riding their bikes and the winner gets a bike rack set up in the public location of their choice. They also discuss MTC’s plans to quintuple bike infrastructure spending and encourage TOD. There are two things keeping me from biking to work tomorrow: I don’t have work tomorrow; and I don’t have a bike (yet). Those of you who don’t have these same issues should take the chance to participate tomorrow.
- The end of this blog and the beginning of a new one
- TED Talks on Cities
- A Study on Regional Governments
- The City in History
- Want to Prevent Oil Spill Disasters? Stop Driving
- Will Tysons halfway plan bolster or doom the future city?
- How to save the Greenway? Make it a neighborhood
- American Makeover Episode 1 – SPRAWLANTA
- City Council approves cars on K Street
- New USDOT Report Identifies Win-Win Transportation Emission Reduction Strategies