O Canada! Paul Berton of the London Free Press (Ontario, not England) discusses some of the ways that the cities of our neighbor to the North are ahead of the curve. He reports that Toronto is planning on restricting right turns on red lights. As a pedestrian who has been hit by a right-turning car, I can tell you, this would make a huge difference in pedestrian and bicyclist safety. Vancouver is adding new bike lanes. Berton goes on to predict the downfall of the car and the rise of New Urbanism. We can only hope he is right.
- The end of this blog and the beginning of a new one
- TED Talks on Cities
- A Study on Regional Governments
- The City in History
- Want to Prevent Oil Spill Disasters? Stop Driving
- Will Tysons halfway plan bolster or doom the future city?
- How to save the Greenway? Make it a neighborhood
- American Makeover Episode 1 – SPRAWLANTA
- City Council approves cars on K Street
- New USDOT Report Identifies Win-Win Transportation Emission Reduction Strategies