Larry Carson writes in this article about the state of Maryland’s plans to extend their MARC commuter rail trains to Savage, a community near Fort Meade, outside of Baltimore. The area has already been zoned for TOD and a TIF scheme has been established to help this area grow in a good urban pattern. The state of Maryland is arguably the nost agressive in the country as far as promoting TOD, and to see them moving forward with their plans is encouraging for the rest of the country.
- The end of this blog and the beginning of a new one
- TED Talks on Cities
- A Study on Regional Governments
- The City in History
- Want to Prevent Oil Spill Disasters? Stop Driving
- Will Tysons halfway plan bolster or doom the future city?
- How to save the Greenway? Make it a neighborhood
- American Makeover Episode 1 – SPRAWLANTA
- City Council approves cars on K Street
- New USDOT Report Identifies Win-Win Transportation Emission Reduction Strategies